Jan 1 2013
There is no shortage of things I could address, to express just how blessed I was in 2012. Amongst them, was finally birthing the book I had been carrying for two years, #”The Walk” (thewalkbook.com) To be sure, it was always a team effort, for no author can themselves bring to fruition a finished manuscript, ready for releasing out into the world. We are all members of that same team, each one no more important then the other. I am so very grateful and indebted to each and everyone of you, my dear faithful friends and followers of The Walk. In this first day of this new year, here are 13 reasons why i love each and everyone of you :
- You’re always thoroughly honest with me, telling me what you feel i need to hear regarding something I’ve written about, and not what i might want to hear;
- You’re an ongoing source of my inspirations. Many of the best ideas i get for writing, great insights, come from your lips and personal experiences;
- Your uplifting support of my work, the sometimes exhaustive comments you make after reading my weekly post, represent an investment of a non-renewable resource, time - your time!
- Your sharing of a post i authored with others, what you feel needs to be read by another for their benefit, is a resounding statement of your care and compassion;
- Your willingness to cut me some slack when s _ it happens technology wise, for instance, when we sent out 3 emails at once, each communicating the same thing a few weeks ago;
- Your non-judgmental spirit, even when we fundamentally disagree on an issue, some extremely emotionally charged and potentially divisive;
- Your willingness to question and challenge what you’ve held to be true, possibly for most of your life, as to some of our world’s most impassioned themes;
- Your courage to take a stand for what you believe is right, moral and responsible, especially as it pertains to equality, dignity and compassion for all, whether human or animal;
- Your lifelong commitment to personal and spiritual growth, while respecting the fact that others may be on a different path, not a lesser nor higher one – simply different;
- Your joy for others when they achieve or are granted a meaningful victory, when they’re recognized, tangibly or otherwise, regardless of your present station in life;
- Your willingness to open up and reach out to me, to trust me, as to some of the most significant and sometimes painful issues in your life. I am so very honored;
- Your willingness to share with others, with me, your best ideas, so that significant progress may be achieved, even when we’re speaking to the same audience. You’re beyond competition and
- Your willingness to allow me the great joy and privilege of being allowed to enter into your life and to be a part of your team on your personal journey – to be your friend. Thank you from the core of my heart!
A few closing thoughts:
When I write my weekly post, there is only one person I’m writing to - you, my cherished friend and team member, and no one else! So I have an important question to ask -
What theme (s) and topic (s) would you like me to write on in 2013?
The “Contact Me” link on the website (thewalkbook.com) is available to you 24/7, where you can share your thoughts on this or any other matter. I’ll respond to you just as soon as possible.
Finally, I wish you an abundance of DIVINE SHALOM this year, 365 days of knowing the “Happy” in New Year, regardless of external events (here’s the link from yesterday’s post if you missed it: http://thewalkbook.com/claiming-the-happy-in-new-years/). Continue to focus on the true needs of others and you’ll be well on your way.
I Love You,